An area that is suspected of the presence of Unexploded ordnance (UXO) is not always easy to access for detection. Non-moveable infrastructural objects, buildings waterways may form a serious obstruction. To perform underground UXO detection in hard-to-reach locations, in collaboration with Brownline we have developed an innovative method, the UXOscope.
Benefits of the UXOscope:
- Minimal disturbance of surroundings
- Much faster than detection from the surface
- Detection is combined with the pilot drilling
The UXOscope combines horizontal drilling with simultaneous detection. This opens up the possibility to detect at hard-to-reach locations , such as:
- Under buildings, roads, rivers, important infrastructural objects.
- Near obstructions such as cables
- Under airports and busy highways
When an obstacle/obstruction is detected, the drilling process is immediately stopped. The data is analyzed to determine the nature of the obstruction, thus preventing contact with a bomb and the threat of detonation.
Simultaneous drilling and detection
The UXOscope can be used simultaneously with the pilot drilling and can detect up to 3 m. This length is sufficient to be able to safely lay a tub for e.g. cables and electrical wires.